Tuesday, August 18, 2009

if you were curious

Cent'Anni (Centi Anni) is an Italian saying which literally translates as 100 years. It can be translated as "may you live to be one hundred years!" pretty positive, right? Eating well and living long seem like two things that should go together, which might explain all the old people in Italy? I suggested that my friend in Italy, Mina, marry a rich old man so she could inherit all his money when he dies and pay for college, and she said "It would take too long! In Italy, there are a lot of old people, but they never die!" I guess it's good that Mina got a scholarship...
The picture is from Ischia, the island where my dad grew up in Italy. Granted he came over when he was nine and hasn't been back in years, but it's gorgeous over there! It's by the Amalfi Coast, and let me tell you, the lemons are almost as big as your head, they're massive!

No comments:

Post a Comment